Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Kid

Last week my five year old was in a unusually agreeable mood for 3 straight days! Now I don't know if you know the significance of this...
but let me tell you it was BIG!
My son is a really good kid even day to day...but let's face it...he's 5 years old! Most of the time a 5 year old is sort of like a psychotic beginning medication. A moody, disagreeable, sweet, tender, funny, nasty, silly little creature who can simultaneously bring you to tears, laughter, and gross you out! Being a good parent and trying to raise a decent human being is life greatest challenge...so when you get a couple of days of "unusually agreeable" it is something worth writing about! Are there others out there who have experienced this? Why is this not in the mommy handbook? I was taken completely off guard by my little person's imitation of the Dahli Lama. I was unprepared for No mini tantrums, No arguments, No whining...so it actually took a couple of days for the realization to kick it. (I must confess that for a few hours on the third day I actually started to attribute this delightfully easy boy to my outstanding parenting skills.) Then I woke up! And so did he! 3 days was about all he had in him...and then my usual capricious 5 year old returned!
I had to put it down here though to remind myself it really did take place and perhaps that congenial little person will return soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your blog's really entertaining! I found you at random just pressing "next" and up you came! I bet your kid is a right handful at times!! I keep blogs too. My main one is gledwood2.blogspot - my online diary. The other 2 are video blogs with comedy and music. You're welcome to drop by any time. I'm online on Gabbly later this evening if you want to say hi - See you there maybe!

Gleds

Gledwood Vol 2


if you would like to use any of my pictures...please ask first. Thanks!