Sunday, June 3, 2007

Summer Vacation

Wow!
My son just finished his first year of formal school....the amazing kindergarten!
When I was in kindergarten...(don't ask ), it was a place to go to give my mom a 1/2 day break from her precocious angel, and for us to learn all the wonderful ways to use paste...artwork, snack, hair gel...you know!
Now...by the time my son "graduated" kindergarten...he was supposed to be able to read...on some level...and he did!
I was amazed and astounded throughout the year as we practiced "reading" that he really WAS reading!
It has been a wonderful thing to see another world open up to him...the world of words and stories! For him to get a hint at the idea that he can go ANYWHERE by reading!
And now in summer vacation....
It is my job to make sure he continues on this wonderful adventure he has begun in kindergarten (and before that...really)...so he can continue his progress in learning and...
NOT be behind when he enters 1st Grade! (Ha!)

No comments:


if you would like to use any of my pictures...please ask first. Thanks!